Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Day 8: God's Plan

Today, I found out that my Uncle who recently received the kidney transplant (donated from his wife, my Aunt), was re-admitted back to the hospital this afternoon. His creatinine levels-measures the level of function of the kidney-increased by 0.5. Even though its just a slight increase, its a sign that his body is starting to reject the kidney. So, they re-admitted him..hoping to adjust his anti-rejection medicine, which should lower his levels again. They only want to monitor him until Thursday, and I really hope its something as simple as adjusting the medication. My Aunt is a wreck, as anyone could imagine. I just keep reminding her and myself that everything happens for a reason. There was a reason that a dozen people did not pass all of the tests to be able to donate to my Uncle. There was a reason that she was a match, which is rare in a husband and wife. Theres a reason God is putting my Uncle to the test, he knows that he can handle it..and so can my Aunt. I just try and help her think positively and remind her that there is nothing she can do...she has done everything and more by donating her kidney..and that everything is in God's hand now. Trust in God.

No comments:

Post a Comment